Miss Universe Contestants Tell Us What They Brought to the Philippines>
What does it take to make it to Miss Universe? We took an exclusive look inside some of this year's contestants' rooms to find out!
They told us about their journey to the Philippines and all the special things they brought from home. Check it out below!
Miss Universe Great Britain Jaime-Lee Faulkner
- 5 suitcases and a box
- 15 pairs of shoes
- Special things she brought: A large flag to hang over her bed and Union Jack shoes
- Says she doesn't have jet lag and is running off adrenaline! She also loves the hospitality the people show in the Philippines.
Miss Universe Barbados Shannon Harris
- 3 flights and about 24 hours of travel
- 5 Bags
- 17 pairs of shoes
- Over 40 dresses
- Says her National costume is a bodysuit, but they shipped a backpack with the rest, because it was too big for her to take.
- Special things she brought: Pack with the Barbados Trident, Barbados Flag and Blueberry oatmeal granola from Barbados.
Miss Universe Iceland Hildur Maria Leifsdóttir
- 5 suitcases
- Too many shoes to count
- Says she's never been to the Philippines before and is looking forward to seeing the islands.
- Special things she brought: A large flag to hang over her bed and a teddy bear from home she's had since she was born. She takes him everywhere!
Miss Universe Cayman Islands Monyque Brooks
- 3 flights and 16+ hours on a plane
- 7 bags
- 15 pairs of shoes
- Says that Philippines reminds her of home.
- Special thing she brought: Pig slippers! She bought them for the show because they were cute. She also brought music from home.
Miss Universe Thailand Chalita Suansane
- 8 suitcases
- Around 12 pairs of shoes
- Special things she brought: A pendant honoring Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej and soup from Thailand.
Miss Universe Malaysia Kiranmeet Kaur Baljeet Singh
- 4 hour plane ride
- 8 suitcases (1 and half for her National Costume)
- 10+ pairs of shoes
- Special things she brought: Silk shawl with the skyline of Kuala Lampur on it, including the Petronas Twin Towers. It is part of her National Costume. She also brought milo chocolate.